It’s late Sunday night, you had a fun evening with your loved ones, and now you are on your way home.
Later, you pull over your car, go outside to attend a call, and suddenly hear footsteps and see a dark figure approaching your vehicle. You feel goosebumps!
And a man appears out of nowhere and throws a punch on your cheekbone and takes away your wallet. Before you could do anything, your assailant vanished into thin air.
To save yourself, you could have used a Self Defense-Flashlight! Wondering, how to buy the right one?
If you are puzzled, which flashlight brand to choose, then fret not and keep reading. In this read, we have shared the top six tactical blinding flashlight brands that can save you from bad guys at night.
Before we jump right into the main topic, let’s understand how to use a tactical flashlight for self-defense?
Ways To Use A Blinding Flashlight For Self Defense
You can use it to aid low-light target identification.
It can be mounted in a weapon to aim and illuminate the target.
You can use it in non-lethal forces such as to temporarily blind and disorient targets or assailants.
To dazzle a person, you may need high numbers of lumens, right?
And now you must be asking yourself, “I need how many lumens to temporarily blind someone?”
How Many Lumens To Blind An Attacker?
Well, the number of lumens may vary completely, depending on the light conditions and other factors, if you are planning to use it to blind someone for self-defense.
So a good rule of thumb is that 300-1000 lumens are enough to blind someone in low light areas. However, you will need to increase the lumen counts during the daylight hours or when you are in brighter areas.
The higher the lumen in the flashlight, the brighter the rays will be, and thus, it will do more damage to the assailant.
Overall, for a longer run, you can buy a flashlight that has lumens between 300 and 1000 for self-defense use and other purposes.
Top Six Handpicked Flashlight Reviews For Self Defence
Just a small tactical flashlight can turn the tables on an assailant. These lights are a staple for people living in forest areas and can be used for various purposes.
But in today’s world, we need the best tool that meets all our changing needs. From extremely bright to disorienting flashlights to pocket-friendly flashlights to save your bucks, here we have mentioned our top six self-defense flashlights that could get your work done.
1. The Atomic Bear Tactical Flashlight
We are sure that the Atomic Bear Tactical Flashlight will meet everybody’s needs because of its Q5 Cree LED light. This high-performance flashlight can light up 300 feet away.
Impressive isn’t it?
When it comes to the length, this self-defense flashlight is only 3.5 inches. And the fact that it has 400 lumens is awesome since it is quite bright considering how tiny it is.
This flashlight that can blind a bear is powered by a rechargeable 14,500 Li-ion battery or AA battery.
Furthermore, it is said to be a great women’s self-defense flashlight for many reasons. It is so small that you can take it anywhere and can fit in your tiny purse.
Another thing to note is that its head can be used to scratch and hit the attackers. Last but not least, a tactical flashlight blind a bear is best for impeding the attacker’s vision.
- It has three modes- high, low, and strobe.
- Very easy to conceal and carry.
- Quite bright for a mini 400 lumens flashlight.
- Can light up areas to 300 feet away.
- You can easily power the flashlight using a rechargeable battery or AA batteries.
- You can carry this compact light without any issues.
- It contains a high-quality Q5 Cree LED light.
- It has only three light modes.
Given these points, this flashlight is perfect for women because it is easy to carry around. If the worst should happen, this mini flashlight acts as the best self-defense flashlight with strobe mode and serrated edge.
2. PeakPlus Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight LFX1000
This high-power flashlight is pretty easy to handle. On the positive side, it is quite a multi-purpose, practical, and everyday carry tool.
You may also have read many rechargeable flashlight reviews, and among them, many clients loved this flashlight for high water resistance. And some even tested it by submerging it underwater.
In addition, you even get skid-proof and anti-abrasive properties with this flashlight. And not to mention, the compact design of this gadget is a huge plus point. Aside from this, the flashlight comes with AAA batteries along with a rechargeable battery.
That means you can buy these rechargeable led flashlights for you and your close ones and store them in any container. This flashlight is also coupled with five light modes that are SOS, strobe, full brightness, medium, as well as low.
This best high-power flashlight also comes with a zoom feature that can travel up to 600 feet to the narrowest end. And the military-grade aluminum-alloy body is an equally important feature.
Finally, the huge plus point of this flashlight is its compact body, which helps you to bring it out quickly and make a stronger impact while striking the assailant.
- It comes with a high water resistance power.
- The aluminum body is impact-resistant and military-grade.
- Offers skid-proof and anti-abrasive properties.
- Comes with two power sources, i.e. 3 AAA batteries and a rechargeable battery.
- Full strobe, brightness, and SOS modes, and light reaching 600 feet.
- This flashlight offers a zoom function and five modes.
- The plastic storage case has unreliable latches. It can hold this blinding flashlight, but it won’t shut properly.
So the bottom line for this flashlight is that it is one of the best self-defense flashlights available in the market.
Now, let’s meet the smallest brightest flashlight, that is, J5 Tactical V1-PRO Flashlight, in the next subtopic.
3. J5 Tactical V1-PRO Flashlight
Hunting for a nearly indestructible and a compact flashlight? Then look no more! This flashlight does its job and does it well.
The first thing to remember about this everyday carry flashlight is that it comes with ultra brightness for just 300 lumens. Furthermore, you can light up the areas to 600 feet away using rechargeable batteries and AA batteries as the power source.
The very first thing you will notice about this home defense flashlight is its construction. And this tactical blinding flashlight was designed to withstand a lot of damage and action.
What can it do, you ask?
J5 Tactical V1-PRO Flashlight can still function if it gets frozen and can even survive a drop from nine feet up. This adorable flashlight works like a charm even in snow and rain.
Even if a truck runs over it, the flashlight won’t get dimmer, break, or bent.
The customers love it more because of the way it can change its beam size and how wide and narrow it can become due to its zoom function.
Another best thing about J5 Tactical V1-PRO Flashlight is that it has three settings that can make it highly adaptable. Lastly, you can keep this blinding strobe light self-defense flashlight in your bag, car, or hang it on your belt to retrieve it easily.
- It is very easy to use and a useful defensive tool.
- Can illuminate surfaces or objects up to 600 feet away.
- Two power sources of a rechargeable battery or AA lithium-ion battery.
- It is resilient and water-resistant against extreme temperatures.
- One can carry it or store it with ease.
- You can use it to blind assailants quickly.
- Easily retrievable.
- It might be the most powerful mini flashlight but it is too small for effective striking and bludgeon people for self defense.
All things considered, what people really like about this flashlight is how to use it right away and how easy it is to take out. Lastly, we would highly recommend these defensive flashlights for people who are in need.
4. VIPERTEK VTS-195 – Heavy Duty Stun Gun
The VIPERTEK VTS-195 has gained popularity for its effectiveness and versatility. This stun gun has a high-powered taser with a punch of a standard flashlight.
So this is what makes this flashlight a highly effective tool for keeping you safe in the dark by taking down the attacker in a heartbeat.
We are sure that you will get fascinated when the flashlight generates awesome buzz when the electric current starts running.
Besides, it is made up of an aircraft-grade aluminum alloy which makes it incredibly durable. This tactical flashlight Features array of functions that makes it a perfect self-defense weapon.
Plus, the victim can avoid the worst-case scenario by using this small light, so what else do we need?
This is how it works:
1. Push the button to incapacitate the attacker.
2. The rays of the flashlight cut off signals to the brain for a few seconds.
3. That induces the loss of muscle control which gives the victim plenty of time to escape the situation and call for help.
- The non-slip grip and the ergonomic design helps to avoid any accidents.
- The flashlight comes with rechargable batteries for multiple uses.
- Serves as a high-powered taser and a standard flashlight.
- The exterior is made up of durable, and tough aircraft-grade aluminum alloy.
- Gives a high-voltage shock to quickly incapacitate assailants.
- The holster of this flashlight is not perfectly crafted to hold onto sudden movements.
As far as the blinding flashlight goes, the VIPERTEK VTS-195 is the most practical flashlight ever used. Plus, you don’t need any special training and start using it after getting out of the box.
5. Navy Seal Torch 2000 Tactical Flashlight
This flashlight is the best among all the models of navy seal flashlights. We believe that there is nothing more dangerous than anything in the darkness. Yes, it’s our true enemy!
If you don’t want to be caught in the dark, then get a Navy Seal Torch 2000 Tactical Flashlight. This tactical flashlight features a blinking action that can catch the attacker off guard and blind him for a few seconds.
Aside from this, you can use this flashlight on camping trips with your family or while taking out the dog at night.
- Very handy, and its uses are limitless.
- Has 2000 lumens
- Zoomable Adjustable Focus
- 5 Different Light Modes
- IP65 Water-Resistant
- Does not have a zoom function
- Does not have rechargeable batteries
6. Flashlight Pikolai 30000 Lumens 5 Mode Super Bright LED Flashlight
This flashlight is one of the best tactical flashlights to handle. This 30 000 lumen flashlight is a beast of a utility tool.
Plus, it has the most impressive beam coverage along with 5 switch modes: high, middle, low, strobe, and SOS brightness. Its lifespan is 100,000 hours which is also nothing to scoff at.
The flashlight comes in a remarkable aluminum lens, aluminum smooth reflector casing color, and coated glass lens reflector.
- The flashlight has 30000 lumens.
- Produces a very bright beam of light.
- Shock-proof, scratch-proof, anti-abrasive, and hard-anodized finish.
- This flashlight has a very solid construction and is built of aircraft-grade aluminum alloy.
- Does not have a zoom function
- Does not have rechargeable batteries
So these were our top six picks of flashlights for defense use. There are many brightest flashlights for sale, and you are just one click away from buying them.
Our Final Thoughts About Self Defence Flashlight
The world tends to get dangerous when it’s dark, so you need to protect yourself and your loved ones, and a high-power flashlight can surely help you with that.
Purchasing the most suitable one depends on various factors like ease of use, size, features, functions, and much more. So all you have to do is keep all the situations in your mind and shop for the most appropriate and practical tool.
If you want to disorient your attacker, a blinding flashlight is enough, but if you need something with more bite, a stunner is best.
You have reached the end of this article, so we hope now you understand the different types, standards, and parts of the flashlight. Stay tuned for more information.
Also Read: Using Emergency Tourniquet